Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our water softener...our other child

I hope y'all had a good weekend! Our weekend turned into a nightmare as our dishwasher still didn't work properly after fixing the water softener. Brandon is working on it, but we may have to buy a new one....after we bought that one just 3 years ago! Ridiculous! Anyway, I've been hand washing all the dishes...and get this...since the dishwasher isn't connected, the hot water is connected to the sink, so I'm boiling water on the stove and then washing....and I didn't realize when I turn on the faucet, water goes all under the sink leaking out on the floor! What a fun weekend! Brandon is working now and I feel like I've been cleaning that kitchen all day and still I have the piles of cleaning stuff on the counter tops from under the sink! So, I hope we get it resolved soon. Brandon told me to just leave the dishes, but I can't let 2 days worth of dishes and bottles sit around...gross! Plus both kids want my attention in the middle of all this.

It is amazing how hard water can ruin your lives! I just want to warn everyone that has a water softener to make sure you are doing all you are supposed to do to maintain it and love it like a child! I know we will from now on. We have had to buy all new faucets for every sink in the house and all the parts to repair our water softener and now it looks like another dishwasher possibly. We had no idea! I hope good luck falls on us soon!

1 comment:

Three Little Monkeys said...

I understand your dishwasher woes. Ours has gone out too, but it's almost 20 years old so it has a great excuse! We're going to postpone getting a new one though, so I will be handwashing for a while.

We're exciting about having another baby, and it really doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. I've had this feeling that it will be a boy, but after this ultrasound, it's looking more like it could be a girl. Which, is probable, since we haven't agreed on any girl names just yet!

Labels