Monday, October 6, 2008

What Your Toddler is Thinking

I saw these in an issue of Parents Magazine a few months back and tore the page out to put on my refridgerator! Almost all of them are something I can see Lillian thinking....wanted to share:

Stop freaking out about the mess! There is always time to clean--but how often do we get to make mud pies?

Love me, even when I'm naughty. I'll only be this age once.

Be patient. I do everything for a reason, but I don't know enough words yet to give you an explanation.

Let me do it. I know you can do it faster and better, but sometimes experience is the best teacher.

Don't expect too much of me. I want to do what you ask and make you happy, but I'm still little.

Don't try to reason with me when I'm having a tantrum. Trust me--I can't hear you over my own screaming.

Keep your promises. It's all about trust. When I'm a teenager, you'll understand why it's so important.

Don't keep asking me if I've been good. I'm not even sure what that means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it!

Don't let me think you are perfect. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who makes mistakes sometimes.

Set limits. I can't actually eat a whole box of cookies--I just want to see if I'd get away with it.

No comments:

Labels