Friday, September 12, 2008

An Update on the Koennings this week

As most of our family members are preparing for Hurricane Ike, we are staying on our pretty normal routine. We still expect some rainstorms and a little wind, but nothing too terrible. Our thoughts and prayers go out to our families that live near the coast. Most have evacuated, but my sister, who lives in Houston, went up to our hometown, Alto which is straight up the extended path, so hopefully it won't be too bad there.

Brother, a.k.a. Andrew, is loving to sit! He feels like such a big boy. He is also loving all of Lillian's older toys she doesn't quite enjoy anymore. I stole this toy from her room this morning and he has been playing with it. Lillian hasn't acted jealous at all and is happy to give Brother her old toys. Lillian has been enjoying her 2nd week back to preschool. She just got her new preschool t-shirt to wear on Fridays and wore it today. She refuses to pose for a picture, so this is all I could get of her eating breakfast this morning. She slept in until 8:05 this morning! So she only had a little bit of time before school. Then her school was only 2 hours instead of 4 because of the elementary schools closing early today due to the hurricane. We are housing a lot of evacuees in the area in our schools. So it was a short day at preschool. She brought home some beautiful painting she did this week. I'll have to scan and share some of her work sometime.

Below is the current me. Notice a blast from the past? Yes, I'm a four-eyes again temporarily. I have to wear them for a month, but it will be worth it because on October 16th, I will be having laser eye surgery and won't have to wear them or contacts anymore!!! I can't wait! It is tough wearing glasses with little kids that like to grab them off your face. Also my workouts aren't fun with them. They get in the way of me wiping all the sweat away! I know ya'll wanted to know that! ha ha...Anyway, I'm doing well in my 5k training. I went in and ran 3 miles on the treadmill this morning and then did 30 minutes on the eliptical machine to get my hour in before having to pick up Andrew from the childcare room. I need to work more on running outside, but I pretty much always have to run with a stroller, so it is hard to gage what I can do without it because of course I can't run as far pushing heavy kids and a stroller.

Brandon has been extremely busy at work with 150 patients at his hospital evacuated from UTMB in Houston, so they have a lot going on. I know he will be glad for it to get back to normal again.

That is all I have to report for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great job on your 5k training! I feel like such a weakling compared to you!

How did your family fare during the hurricane? Was Alto hit very hard? I hope not!

I can't believe that Andrew is sitting up already! It seems to me like it was just yesterday that I saw him in the hospital as a newborn!