Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Friends!

I am a member of a few "Mom" websites and began chatting back and forth with a girl named Jamie back in January on Cafemom.com. She found me on there because she and her family were looking to move to this area from California, so she wanted to find out more about it. We began emailing back and forth and came to be great internet friends. Eventually we moved on to facebook since we both were on their more often. In February, her husband and dad came to town to see it and look into living arrangements and they stopped by to visit with me. I could already tell they were loving it and were going to move here.

This past weekend, they moved and so we have some new friends here in town! It was awesome meeting them at the park today. Jamie has two daughters, Ava who is 2 and a half, and Gracie who is 5 months. They are both dolls! Lillian and Ava took to being buddies right away and played together almost the whole time. (I hope she doesn't get too confused by the name since she has 2 other buddies named Ava...one from daycare when she went to Taylor and my friend Erin's daughter!) At least they are probably friends we won't see at the same time! Ava was born in August after Lillian, so they are the same school age.


I'm so excited to have a new girlfriend to visit with! I thought it might be awkward with us only have talked online so far, but it was like we'd known each other for years! Here is to many more playdates and fun ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much fun!

Labels