Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random Stuff This Week


We have just been hanging around the house this week. It is too cold to take the kids out. Luckily, Andrew is back to his old self. The teething is over with for now. He has been actually playing, crawling around, and getting into things. My arms are getting a little rest. Lillian has been discovering old toys. She found an ottoman box I have in the living room with some older toys in it and gets them out each day. She found this hat from the zoo and a purse and bear yesterday and was walking around with them all day. Funny how kids just attach themselves to things.
Brandon has been working some rough shifts this week. He was only supposed to work 9-5:30 yesterday, but then someone called in sick and they couldn't find a replacement, so he worked until 11! He was home this morning and then is back again until 11 today too. You can tell he is working too much when the kids miss him! I was pulling out of our driveway this morning and Lillian waved at the house sounding so sad saying "Bye, Daddy!" I called him right away to tell him! Poor baby girl, misses her daddy!
While he was home this morning, I had my 3 month lasik follow-up and got great news that although there still is a little swelling in my left eye, everything looks great and I'm seeing 20/10! That was good to hear.
I also had a little bit of time between going there and picking up Lillian from preschool, so I stopped by Old Navy to use a gift card I got for Christmas while I didn't have kids. I was so excited to try on some size 8 jeans and they almost fit! Just a tad bit too snug. I debated on buying them for when I lose a few more pounds I hope to in the next few weeks, but decided against it since maybe in a month or 2 I'll want shorts for the spring/summer, so I'll wait until then. It was just so exciting to me because this is the first time I've ever even worn a 10 my life and to almost be in an 8 is such a big accomplishment. That has been my ultimate goal. It is very surreal when I can remember buying my size 16's in junior high.
Anyway, that definitely gets me going again on my weight loss goals since I'm so close to where I want to be. I think it will also help since I'm not teaching this year and not getting all those chocolates for Valentine's Day from my students!
That is all I have to report on the news in the Koenning house for this week. I hope everyone is staying warm where ever you are!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss. You are looking great! Nothing is more rewarding than getting new clothes in a smaller size.

Labels