Friday, February 17, 2012

Andrew's Birthday Party

My baby boy turns 4 on Sunday, but his daddy has to work all weekend, so we had his party today, Friday. Andrew started getting into dinosaurs a lot this past year, so he decided on a dinosaur party. It was tougher than I thought to find dinosaur party things. There was one small section in Party City and HEB didn't make dinosaur cakes of any kind. I guess I could have paid more and had one made or been crafty and tried to make it myself, but I decided to just order cupcakes and put dinosaur figures on top of them. They turned out to be a hit and were delicious too!

Andrew was so excited about his party today he couldn't sleep and kept asking why it wasn't time yet. When everyone arrived pretty much all at the same time, he was super happy! The kids had a great time running around playing and it turned out well considering we had to stay indoors because it was wet outside. Everyone had hotdogs and then we ate the cupcakes.

Now Andrew is very confused about why I tell him that his birthday is on Sunday. It is too difficult to explain to a 4 year old that we had the party on one day, but his actual birthday is another! Any takers on explaining it to him? :)



















before the party















The cupcakes
















Singing Happy Birthday to Andrew

















Opening one of his many gifts. I wish I could put them all on here! This one is one of the Dinosaur Train dinosaurs that talk to each other to go with his collection he got for Christmas. It was from Grandpa JD and Jamie. They also got him another one and a new big boy backpack for school. I'll have to take a picture of him with it before school one morning!


Thank you everyone that came to the party and for the gifts. Andrew had a very special day!

No comments:

Labels