Friday, September 17, 2010

Potty Training Update part 2

I haven't updated on Andrew's potty training in a while, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

After finally pooping on the potty, Andrew was still hit or miss on going number 2 for a while. He would go on the little potty when he felt like it. Other times, he would hold it and refuse until he finally couldn't anymore and then would end up pooping on the stairs, in a bedroom, or on the floor somewhere else. It was frustrating, but I had to remind myself that Lillian took an extra couple of months to train on number 2's after she was training with her number 1's and I started her at 2 years and 9 months and Andrew started a little before 2 years and 6 months.

Well, after going to the kid's preschool open house a couple of weeks ago and telling his teacher that he was trained except for number 2's on and off. He decided to come home and go on the potty and ever since then, he has done so!

I also repainted our downstairs half-bathroom last week and when he got home that day, he went in saying he needed to go potty and ended up pooping on the big potty for the first time that day.

So not only are we trained at 2 years and 7 months, I also put away the little potty! Yay! What a great feeling to have that done! Now we just need to work on stopping the nighttime pull-ups, but I'm still happy with that. One pull-up a day for each kid is definitely better than lots of diapers!

No comments:

Labels