Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Look


For the past 2 years, our light fixture in the downstairs half-bath hasn't worked to it's fullest. It has 3 lights, but one didn't work. So finally about a month ago I bought a new fixture and put it up and the bathroom is so much brighter! That inspired me to paint it and just give it a whole new look.


Brandon took the kids to Shiner for the day on Sunday, so I made my own While You Were Out experience and got it done. It took me almost the whole time they were gone to prep, paint, and put things back together again. I also ran to Home Depot and Bed, Bath, and Beyond with coupons and got a new toilet seat, a valance, rug, and toilet lid cover. I'm so happy with the result. It turned out really well. It went from a burgandy that was there before we even bought the house to a more neutral look. The burgandy walls were scratched up from the kids knocking things over off the toilet and just made it look extra dark. Now it is bright and clean looking!

Labels