Thursday, August 5, 2010

Visiting Mamaw and Papaw

My grandparents, a.k.a. Mamaw and Papaw,(my mom's parents) live in DeRidder, LA. That is about a 3 hour drive from where I grew up, but then I moved 3 more hours away from there, so it is quite a journey to go visit there now. We try to make it there at least once and usually twice a year to visit. They are excited to have us visit and the kids really do wear themselves out playing on the farm. Thankfully, my sister, Katy took the drive with us this time and with potty training Andrew, it was an extra long drive there, but she was a trooper and a big help!

The kids and I were excited to get to the Funk farm and visit with everyone. We also got to see my Aunt Kathy, Uncle Randy and my cousin Josie. The kids ran around outside most of the day Saturday. You should have seen the dirty bathtub water that night! Our big incident Saturday morning happened to me and Katy though. We were swinging in the backyard when the whole swing flipped over sideways. It was quite tramatic. The pole hit me pretty hard on my head and Andrew was staring at us like what in the world just happened. Mamaw had taken down the big wooden swing in the middle of the pole to paint it, so we were on the outside swing and with all the weight on one side, it couldn't handle the pressure....needless to say we were definitely taunted the rest of the day about not needing dessert. We noticed later too that the top landed in the nearby bush, so we are very thankful for that or I may have suffered a lot worse of a head injury!









We also had a great time visiting with everyone and our Skip-Bo game or two in the evening. That lead to some interesting family girl talk while the men watched sports.

The kids also loved riding around on the Big Boy and on Papaw's scooter with him. It is a shame it is so far or I know we'd visit more often. Here are some pictures from the weekend:
















Oh, and to end the weekend, we stopped in Conroe on our way back through to see my sister Tory at her job at Bath and Body Works. It was great to see her and the kids loved the "lotion store."

No comments:

Labels