Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cameron Park Zoo

Brandon took vacation this week, so we planned on taking the kids to the zoo to do something fun as a family. Although it was a cloudy day, it wasn't a bad day to go and on the plus side, there weren't many people there, so we felt like it was all to ourselves.

Lillian loved every minute of it running to each place saying, "Find more animals." The only part she was a little wary of was the snakes and then the nocturnal animals building since it was so dark...she didn't really want to look at the owls. Andrew was freaked out by almost everything...my little scardy cat. He would start screaming everytime we went inside a building...even if it was just fish! I think he thought we were going to feed him to the animals or something. Speaking of which, when Lillian heard the Lion roaring across the zoo, she asked about him, so I told her it was a lion. I told her he was probably hungry and if he could eat her. She said no! I asked if he could eat Andrew. She said no! I asked if he could eat daddy. She said no! Then she looked at me and grinned and said, "Eat mama!" ha ha...my little smarty!


Here are some pictures of our outing. I had to take one of the lion because anytime I've been there before, he has been way off and this time he was pacing back and forth in front of the window looking at us! I think he thought we were bringing lunch.

1 comment:

Corbett Family said...

Looks like fun. How have I never seen your blog before? You have been commenting on mine for a long time. Anyway, it is fun to see pictures of the kids and catch up!

Labels