Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Starting Over Again!



A dear cousin of mine emailed me a couple of weeks back asking me to update my progress in my dieting and working out saga. I promise you, (you know who you are), I wasn't ignoring you. I have been trying to get back to where I was last year. No, I haven't gained all my weight back, but am back up 5 lbs from where I had gotten down to. I'm still 27 lbs down from where I started and proud of that, but really want to get this last 10 lbs off to my goal. It is depressing that I was 5 lbs away and am now back to 10!

Anyway, I knew I would have to wait until after this past weekend to get really serious again. I went to my grandparents and with all that driving and how hot it was there, I knew I wouldn't be getting much exercise. Plus she always makes such good food and desserts there, I knew I would just cave and wreck my plans, so I waited until yesterday to get going again. (That is why I haven't emailed you back!) My major setbacks have been a week at the beach this summer without working out and just the weather being so hot and terrible. It makes us stay in more and not get out to the park and be as active. Plus all the wonderful ice cream I crave during the hot weather!

So now I am really going to push myself to get busy again and reach my goal and maybe in more by October. The first weekend in October is my 10 year h.s. reunion, so that gives me something to aim for. I plan to do more running during my workout and sticking more strictly to my diet. This isn't a real diet, but what I mean is eating right and not caving in to so many treats and snacks!

My next step is to run again in the Race for the Cure 5k November 1st and beat my time from last year. Let me know if anyone wants to run with me. I plan on setting up a team soon to start raising money. (This means you too, Tory, Katy, and Mole) Then I hope to run in a 10k by the end of the year. I need to look into when one is that I can do, but that is my ulitimate running goal. I know I'll never run a marathon or even a half-marathon, but I think a 10k is pretty darn good for someone that wasn't a runner until not too long ago and couldn't have run a quarter of a mile in high school. We'll see and I promise to keep you better informed as I officially start over again. I'm resetting my weightloss counter today...it is going to be the same as it has been, but hopefully you'll see some movenment on it soon!

And, I hope I can still be of help to and an inspiration to you, dear cousin!
***The pictures above are first, me at Tory's Graduation May 2008, when I began and then me in May 2009 before I ran in the Bun Run 5k where I am about now.***

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You look fantastic and should be so proud of yourself. I can't wait to hear your workout and diet plan.

Crim said...

You look great!!! You need to be proud of yourself and you deserve a little reward such a piece of pie every once a while. It is ok to splurge. :)

Labels