Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Momma has Friends Too!

So as a mom, your world pretty much revolves around your kids and their friends and activities, so it is always nice to have a reminder that you are a person with friends yourself!

I was excited this past weekend to have one of my best buddies, Kristi, in to visit. She has been living in New York City for the past couple of years, so I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Andrew when she dropped by my Mom's house on Christmas over a year ago. She and her husband completed their business up there and just moved back to Houston. It will be so great to get together more often now.


This was Kristi's first visit to my house since I've had the kids. Needless to say, it is a different experience. From our dinner the first evening at Chic-Fil-A to my naked-bottomed potty training toddler, it wasn't exactly a big to-do weekend. We did have fun though and the kids really took to her. She even got practice running with my double jogging stroller! We also got the invitations ready for our h.s. reunion this fall and had a dinner out with my friend, Irene, for a girls outing without the kids.




I had fun! I hope we get to do this again more often!

1 comment:

Crim said...

It is easy to forget that we had another life before the kids. I am glad you got to enjoy your friend.

Labels