Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who Am I????

If you are a mom, you've probably asked yourself this question many times. The commercial that says, "A baby changes everything" isn't lying! Within 9 months, you are handed a new title and also do really become almost a different person. You have to in many ways to adjust to caring for a new life. It is just in the job description and I accept that.

I just finished a book last week called "Everyone is Beautiful" by Katherine Center. It is about a stay at home mom living in Houston when her husband gets a better job opportunity in Massachusetts and moves the family there. She has 3 small children under the age of 4 and being uprooted and starting over somewhere new leads her to start finding her way back to herself again after having kids. She begins working out and begins a hobby she loves.

I definitely recommend this book to any mom. Just reading the funny situations the kids get into made me relate, but also, it was a great inspiration as well. Now, I'm looking for who I am again. What am I besides a mom and wife? As a mom and wife you are constantly trying to please the rest of
your family. What can I do for me that can make me happy?














Have you seen this girl?

6 comments:

VictoriaNoelle said...

I don't have kids to understand fully what you mean. But you don't need to lose your personal identity to your kids...they are special and I love them to death...but I love you too.

Beccalynn81 said...

Thanks, Tory. I don't mean totally lose your personal identity, but it does seem that way sometimes. I just feel that you do forget what you want for yourself and what makes you happy and goals when you are so focused on other peoples. I hope I can find a good balance.

Katy Cade said...

You are my big sister! Ha...funny how our goals change as we get older. I remember you wanting to be a writer! Remember the lady that lost her teeth because she was chewing on her headboard?

Ashley said...

I will have to read this book. I think our identities change throughout the years. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of who we were before we became "mom".

Crim said...

I agree. Sometimes I wander when it will be my turn for someone to cater me.

Jessica said...

I'm going to put that book on my reading list. I've felt that way often. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but I do feel like my life could be more fulfilling in a lot of ways. It's hard to take the time to focus on yourself when there is so much to do and your attention is dedicated 100% to your kids. I think you are awesome!

Labels