Monday, November 14, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011






The annual Komen Austin Race for the Cure was held on Sunday. My mom and sisters all came in for the weekend to visit and participate in the race. We are so excited to participate and raise money for this cause that has affected us with my mom being diagnosed twice. My kids even count down the days until the "pink ribbon race." They were all smiles Sunday morning getting up and putting on their shirts for the race day.









I ran the 5k in 30 minutes and 22 seconds. Not to shabby for only having 2 months to prepare after having Marjorie. This was my 4th time running this 5k and my 5th 5k overall. I hope to now train to run the Capital 10k in April next!



















We had a great time visiting with all the family here. My aunt Kathy and uncle Randy also made the trip so we got to see them and she did the walking portion of the race with mom, Katy, and the kids. My sister, Katy and brother-in-law, Clay brought their nephew on his side, Cooper, too. My kids had a blast with him playing.

No comments:

Labels